The doctor also ok'd us for giving her normal food, eating what we eat (except honey and nuts). I had kind of been doing that anyway, giving her bites of what we eat, but the whole time wondering if I shouldn't. So, I'm glad to get the official go ahead. Caroline is a fantastic eater. So far the only things she hasn't loved are eggs. Right now I am also introducing her to her sippy cup. It has been a messy process, but fun. She still mainly eats breast milk with two solid food meals a day.
She babbles a lot and loves to make new sounds. She gets chatty especially when she is tired. One of my favorite noises, usually right before nap time, is when she sounds like an old squeaky door. Her little friend Ruby started doing it with her today.
Caroline is as fun as ever and super sweet. She loves her new girlfriends that are just around her age. They are neighbors that were away for the summer and just got back. They are super sweet. I love the mommas too! Great combination.
Caroline also seems to be doing well with the babysitter (another mom I totally enjoy!). Sweet Carrie, from across the street watches, Caroline along with her little girl Lucy and our other neighbor Caleb. Caroline is the big girl in the group and Carrie is teaching her to be gentle with the little babies. Caroline likes to pat a little too hard.
When Caroline was in her first few weeks of infancy I remember wondering why anyone would intentionally have a child because it almost felt like torture - those first few weeks are hard! But now, it is so much fun (still challenging at times). We love being her parents and get so much joy from playing with her and loving on her.
Happy 9 months Caroline! I can't believe you have now been in the world as long as you were being formed inside me! Crazy how time flies. We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment