9/4/08

and so I'm pregnant...

I have had a somewhat dramatic start to my third trimester today! I could tell my wedding ring was a bit tight lately, last week I took it off and noticed it was a bit more difficult than usual to take it off. With that thought in mind, I just simply slipped it back on and didn't think about it again. Then yesterday I decided it was getting a little too tight and wanted to take it off - and I couldn't. David and I searched Google on tips to take rings off swollen fingers. Here is what we tried

1. soapy water

2. canola oil

3. butter

4. Windex

5. soaking my hand in cold water for 10 minutes

6. holding my hand above my head for 5 minutes

Resting & repeating all of them.

The last tip was to take a freezing shower to make all the blood rush to the center of my body to warm my internal organs leaving my fingers thinner due to lack of blood. I decided there was where I drew the line!! My poor hand was pounding in pain after all of the above - I was not willing to torture myself further.

So, today I went to a jewelry store and had my ring cut off my hand. I am just going to leave it cut until I deflate after Caroline arrives. I have to admit that I was extremely relieved the moment the pliers pealed the ring off my hand. I will miss wearing it in the meantime! Lets hope this is the end of swelling (Yeah, right. Right, Sarah?) We'll see!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Aw! Were you scared they were going to cut your finger? That is crazy none of that stuff worked!!! I remember when I couldn't wear my ringf any more, I hated it!

Jennifer said...

oh my goodness, how traumatic! my fingers swell at the first sign of humidity, so I can only imagine what will happen when (Lord willing!) I get pregnant.

PS -- have a FB message in the works about the upholstery question you asked!

Carrie Friday said...

aw...how sad! I remember those days! I just refused to take mine off...haha. Bless your heart!

LOVE the new blog and can't wait to see cutie little Caroline!

Kelbe said...

You poor thing. I remember when I had to stop wearing mine- I was 34 weeks but that was in April so it wasn't as hot as now. I hope you are doing well. May I add you as a friend on my blog? -Kelbe