9/7/08

Our Weekend

This weekend was pretty fun! Saturday morning was Pugs in the Park day for Pete! We got up and went to the River Front Park for our monthly play time with other pug families in Columbia. We had a huge group come this week. I think there were close to 30 pugs there. David and I enjoyed it because there were some younger couples to talk to. We got tips on introducing our Pete to Caroline (good ideas!) and met a couple that just moved here from Minnesota for grad school. Another couple we enjoy at the meet up are both getting their PhD's from USC and we see them on campus a lot with their pugs.
On the walk out of the park we saw lots of Irish flags being flown and then bagpipers and men dressed up in Irish outfits. It turns out Irish workers built the River Front area and they were putting up a memorial in honor of them. David found a flag that was from the same county that his Scotch-Irish ancestors came from.

Today was a Garnet Circle retreat. I am the adviser for Garnet Circle - a group of leaders from campus in this Alumni Association student organization. We had a great time at our retreat. I took them to a camp near Columbia and we did low ropes/team building activities together. I, of course, could not participate, but I had a great time laughing with them and being an encourager! I really think it helped this group of students get ready for a busy year ahead by bonding and being ready to work together. I'm excited for this group!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt and I are headed to USC this weekend for the game. I'm sure we will be tailgating if you will be around let me know!

Stephanie said...

Hey! I "tagged" you in my blog- don't feel like you have to do it at all- I am just following along here. Anyways, just wanted you to know!
Steph