4/7/12

Gulf Easter Egg Hunt

I grew up with the 4 of us having very cute easter baskets that my parents hid every Easter morning for lots of fun. I have wanted my girls to have cute ones too, but this is the first year I found something I liked! So, I got them matching baskets and put their names on the lining. I hope they will enjoy them for years! 
We had our fun little Gulf Drive Easter egg hunt today. We hid the eggs all around the gardens, yard, trees, swing set and sand box.

 Found one!!
 Look at my eggs, Daddy!!!
 Elizabeth Joy doesn't quite have the competitive spirit of an Easter egg hunt yet. She would find an egg, look at it for a while, sit down next to it, pick some grass and
 crack it open and eat it - one at a time :-)
Some of the kids and their treasures
I enjoyed this scene of the dads eating pop ice and discussing all sorts of theology, I'm sure. 
We know that Easter baskets and Easter eggs are not the reason for the celebration! We explained to Caroline how we enjoy sweet treats in eggs like this to celebrate how sweet it is to have new life because of the Risen King! Hallelujah! Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Looks like they had fun! I am amazed at how long the girls' hair is growing!!

Betsy said...

looks like such a blast!!!! how fun!!

The Morginskys said...

i miss gulf drive!!!! i'll be there next week-would love to see you!