Happy four months, Elizabeth Joy!!
14 pounds, 6.5 ounces and 26 inches long
June 3, 2011
May 3, 2011
April 3, 2011

March 3, 2011

February 3, 2011
Elizabeth Joy can almost do the sit on the hip move, she's still a little too baby for it, but she's almost there. Tonight after supper with friends, we went to the playground and their oldest put Elizabeth Joy in the kiddo swing for the first time. It was crazy :-) I couldn't believe how big she was to be in a swing on the playground!Elizabeth Joy sure still is a pleasant little bit to be around. She loves attention and lets you know her pure delight in it with lots of smiles, coos and giggles. We can make her laugh by kissing her real quick on the lips or tickling her belly.
At the beach Didi (David's dad) got her to take a passy! I was amazed. She took it like it was her best friend for about a week, now all of a sudden she is over it. But the funny thing with the passy (we call it a nuk) is she wanted nothing to do with the newborn sized ones, she only wanted the big ones that Caroline uses!
Poor Elizabeth Joy has her second ear infection! It might be the same one that didn't clear all the way up, but she's back on amoxicillin and does not nap super well when she's in pain. She is starting to only wake up once in the middle of the night and two days ago slept all night long!
The day of Baccalaureate and Graduation I was working the entire day, so David had to bottle feed her. That hadn't gone so well in the past, but I had fed her the bottles or been in the room before - but she drank about 4 ounces each day! I was proud of her.
She has found her toes this month! She is also doing great with her hands. She will grab anything we hand her and play with it and put it to her mouth. She also likes to suck her lips. Oh, she does this adorable thing when she's tired and getting attention. When she's sleepy she can't help but cry a little but she loves to get attention, so she'll be smiling and cute and all of a sudden it looks like an invisible person pulls out her bottom lip and she looks like she is going to start bawling, but then she pops back into a smile, then that lip jumps out and her face looks concerned and then the smile jumps back on her face just as quickly. It is hilarious to watch - I try not to watch too long, but instead I put her down for a nap.
Caroline is now 2 years and six months today!! I have a two and a half year old! She has really turned a corner this month as well. The past year and a half she has been extremely over-agressive. She is friendly about it mostly, but it has been trying to figure out how to best parent this behavior and not get too frustrated. David and I were just discussing last night that we haven't really had to worry about her pushing a friend or hitting lately! This is a new development. She's actually playing pretty nicely!! I wonder if it is because she's not cooped up inside anymore and she is more verbal, more independent? I don't know what made it click, but being kind and obeying the first time is becoming closer to the norm now! Thank you, Lord!

Now we are hard core working on potty training her (as of June 1). She's been using the potty a lot, but we hadn't totally stopped diapers until now-ish. She still sleeps in them, but anytime she's awake it is big girl panties only! I must admit, I don't love this, but hopefully she'll learn quickly. Today was already a lot better than yesterday! I didn't have to clean the floor at all (I did have to spray the sidewalk once though.)
Here is Caroline at 2.5 years old
Caroline at 1.5 year old
Caroline at 6 months old
2 comments:
LOVE all the details of life AND the pictures! Keep it coming!
So sweet! I think Elizabeth Joy is starting to look more like Caroline! They are both just precious!
I can totally relate to your struggles with Caroline. I think I atleast have at times just assumed I can train my kids from the get go to fit into this perfect little mold of how I think they should behave. It is a humbling thing to realize the sinfulness in all of us and so good to be reminded that we are not instructed to train them to be perfect behaved little robots but to be God loving and God honoring people. Just been on my heart as of late... =)
Love the update! It is amazing how fast they grow!
Post a Comment