2/12/11

Mimi

We have a one-week old in the house! She's been a treat all week and two days!
You know who else has been a treat? Mimi. Sadly, Mimi left today. I can not fully express the amount of gratitude I have for all of the help she was to us this week. She left our house in way better shape than it was when she arrived. She also left us more refreshed and ready to take on this parenting of two job than we were before she arrived.
When she walked out of my house every piece of clothing was clean, every dish was clean, beds were made, and all toys were picked up. Wow! :-) All while letting me nap, rest and recover!
When I wasn't quite sure how I was going to do this parenting thing, she made sure she left with me feeling affirmed and assured that God had prepared me well for this job and He will see me through - and so would she.
I must also say that Elizabeth Joy is her Mimi's granddaughter for sure. I know this because EJ has been sneezing a lot since she left the womb and she - just like her grandmother - can never sneeze just once. I think I will always think of mom when EJ sneezes... ha.
Mimi also let David and me have a treat - our first date as parents of two girls! We went to have hot chocolate at Starbucks. We had a great time laughing and enjoying each other's company and came home feeling even more knit together.

David and I tried about 10 times to take this picture - every time my camera would put a green box around my face and say "Did someone blink?" We were laughing because I really couldn't keep my eyes open for the picture - yes, I am a sleepy mother of two!!

Thank you for coming, Mimi! We love you and hope that you get some rest now!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It is a sweet sight to see your mom be able to be there for you and your family.

I know I cried every time my mom left, they really are such amazing help! It makes me look forward to being able to pay it forward to my daughters some day!!

Glad ya'll are doing well!

Beth said...

what a great tribute to your mother!