We are enjoying lots of snuggle time around here! Elizabeth is a great sleeper and eater these days. Transitioning her home has been so much easier than last time, mostly, probably, because I know what I am doing this time!
Every morning, Caroline's first words are "where's baby?" She also loves to show off "Baby Bissess" to all our guests.

Mimi has been great at helping Caroline have fun with her little sister and just have fun in general. Here they are making rice crispy treat pops for her friends! She's also made us a gazillion meals for the freezer and kept my house super clean and organized! Shew!
The hardest part about bringing home a second baby is not being able to hold my first baby. I love snuggling and holding Caroline. Because I need to heal from delivery I can't pick up Caroline and it breaks my heart. I am taking advantage of mom being here doing all the lifting and sweet Caroline is only mildly ok with it. My crazy hormonal tears started today and I started crying when I was rocking Caroline in her chair because I had missed holding her so much (I also started crying when I saw mom's plane ticket, when Elizabeth Joy didn't eat as much as I thought she should, etc, etc... oh hormones! I'm ok I promise!)
2 comments:
maybe you can have caroline sit next to you on the couch while you nurse so that you can snuggle both at the same time? hope you feel better soon! tell your mom to hide those plane tickets so you don't need to think about it :)
So great to share a little of your life at this exciting time- thanks:-). xo
Post a Comment