The other day I went back to my blog reading about when I was pregnant with Caroline. I was interested to see the differences! Then I saw the belly shots and realized I haven't taken a single belly shot with this little gal, besides the night we found out we were expecting. So, here is a belly shot of me tonight, the end of my 24th week with #2.
I guess my belly looks about the same size. I have been thinking that I seem smaller than I was with Caroline - but maybe I can only remember how gigantic I was towards the end. I'm hoping for an 8 pounder, at least, instead of a 9-er like Caroline. But, you know what, I guess it doesn't matter because Caroline was healthy and great at 9 pounds and that's all I can really hope for.
People ask me all the time how I am feeling. I've been feeling great lately. I love that I understand how I should appreciate feeling good at this stage. :-) I feel like a normal person again, instead of a sleepy zombie like the first trimester. And my belly isn't too big to get in the way. I'm not swollen, I don't feel huge - I just feel good!
I also love feeling this little girl move around. She is ACTIVE! Way more active than I remember Caroline being. Another funny comparison from 24 weeks with Caroline and now - in my post I said that David hadn't felt Caroline move yet, but David felt this little bit move a long time ago! The other night I was rocking Caroline to sleep and baby girl was kicking and squirming so much that Caroline sat up to look at what was going on with my belly. I laughed and told her that her little sister was just saying good night! :-)
3 comments:
Great post, MB! I think you look smaller also, but it could be the angle you're at. Or perhaps she's burning more calories because she's more active. LOL!
This is great!
so sweet, and love the new blog name :) when you mentioned that caroline felt the little one inside moving when you were rocking her to sleep, it reminded me of how just this morning, for the first time, symeon noticed my belly was moving as i gave him his bottle...he stopped, looked down, pointed at it, and said "baby". wonder if he knows what's about to hit him!
Post a Comment