8/25/10

Our little Pilgrim

Caroline has become a bit of the late night streaker. We'll put her to bed and about an hour later she'll wake up screaming crying, we go in and she's completely naked! Usually, her clothes and diaper are on the opposite side of the room. She cracks me up because she's crying so passionately as if she is offended that she's naked!

So, we have to move back to pajamas that button under the bottom, but we don't have any - so I've been putting her play clothes and pants that are comfortable (I hope!) The only shirts I have that button under the bottom are ones with large collars. David laughs and says that I dress her like she's a pilgrim.

Last night when I was working an evening event at the Seminary, David put her to bed in normal pjs. So, tonight I tried it again thinking she may have gotten over the streaking spell. Tonight I learned that she's not quite past it! Just a few minutes ago I found her crying in her crib, naked as a jay bird!
-Mary Beth

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Nathan used to do that! (Isaac never did.) We'd find him in there, completely naked. Eventually we duct-taped his diaper on. It was the only way to keep it from coming off. (We just put a piece of duct tape in the front on top of the diaper's tabs.) He continued to strip off his clothes, but at least he didn't get pee everywhere :)

Beth said...

this is hilarious, mary beth. i hope symeon does not go through this phase...i might be tempted to do what suzanne suggests and let him suffer through it for a few nights to see if he wants to keep trying it. :)

The Novaks said...

Mary Beth! I could not stop laughing! This is too funny. Caleb's been doing that at nap time, but it's not so funny because there's usually poop involved. I love that you said it's like she's offended at her nakedness. So funny! I miss y'all!!

LC Ashburner said...

My nephew used to do that, so my sister-in-law put his clothes on backwards right before bed.

Karen said...

I have laughed until I had tears rolling down. I think you need to hide a movie camera in there somehow and record that!