6/12/10

This is a horrible story

Covenant had a seminary picnic on Wednesday. It was fu, David, Caroline and I were there. At the end of the picnic, I was helping clean up with Caroline playing near me. All of a sudden I noticed her pick something up from the ground and try to eat it (happens often). I said, "Caroline, what's in your mouth?" To my horror I saw that she had just eaten a bit of an old oreo cookie with ANTS all over it.

Quickly, she had ants all over her arms, face, neck, and her mouth, nose, eyes - everywhere had ants crawling. I swooped her up and ran her to the restroom as the ants started to crawl all over me! I ripped off her clothes and poured water on her body as I frantically tried to get the ants out of her mouth. I got her to drink water, I put my fingers in her mouth, picked them off her teeth, her tongue. My goodness, they were everywhere.

I finally got her cleaned up and we went to find David and tell him we had to go... now. On the ride home, David sat in the back with her and killed about 5 ants as they crawled out of her mouth. It was so disgusting.

Best part about it, she didn't seem bothered at all. We both, however, have ant bites all over ourselves.

Yuck.

3 comments:

Karen said...

That is a bad story....I tuess they weren't the red ants, at least? I'm so sorry.

andie said...

i seriuosly want to throw up. thanks for sharing. haha.

lasyoung said...

Jessica was truly horrified when reading this story. Your mom has always told me that the hardest thing about being a parent is thinking fast on your feet- you did a good job! xo la